Barcelona cancels planned friendly in Tangier

SB 360

The Catalan club said the conditions were no longer in place to stage the August 15 friendly in Tangier, without disclosing the reasons behind the decision or the identity of the Moroccan opponent.

On 06/08/2026 at 21h00

FC Barcelona has canceled its planned preseason friendly in Tangier, just one week after announcing the fixture, citing what it described as the “current uncertainty” surrounding the match.

In a brief statement released Thursday evening, the Catalan club said it had decided not to proceed with the game, which had been scheduled for August 15 against a Moroccan team whose identity had never been made public.

“Given the current context of uncertainty, FC Barcelona considers that the conditions are not in place for this match to take place,” the club said, without providing further details.

Barcelona had announced on July 29 that its board of directors was finalizing arrangements for a preseason friendly in Tangier as part of the first team’s preparations for the new season.

The Moroccan club that was expected to face the Spanish giants was never officially revealed.

Barcelona has not indicated whether the match could be rescheduled at a later date.

By Staff
On 06/08/2026 at 21h00